There’s been a lot of hype today surrounding the unveiling of Apple’s latest and greatest device, the iPhone 5. They’re referring to it as “the most beautiful product we’ve ever created,” which sounds impressive. But that statement alone won’t help you decide to upgrade or stick with your current model. Allow me to give you a simple, bite-sized run-down of all the must-know facts.
- The iPhone 5 will cost you just as much as the iPhone 4S did upon its release. That’s pretty great. The iPhone 4S will now only cost you $99.
- The iPhone 5 has a cool new Apple A6 processor chip that’s going to make everything incredibly fast.
- One of the biggest changes is the shape. The iPhone 5 will feature a larger, longer 4-inch screen with “unparalleled” display quality.
- Another huge change is the connector port. It’s been significantly reduced in size, which is great for the weight and speed of the phone, but super inconvenient for users.
- The camera received a significant upgrade (8 megapixel AF with flash and f/2.4 aperture) Works well in low light – finally.
- Apple says you’ll notice ultra-fast Wi-Fi thanks to LTE technology.
- iOS 6 still looks amazing.
- You can FaceTime over cellular. That’s pretty big.
- Apple claims the battery life will last a lot longer than on any previous iPhone device – they’re saying up to 8 hours of talk time on 3G without going into the red.
- The iPhone 5 will be available in classic black or white.
- You can pre-order yours this Friday, September 14th and they become available September 21st.
So, did Apple’s newest gadget blow you away? Or are you already set on the Samsung Galaxy S3? Let us know in the comments!